Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ACT

I recently read a really great emetophobia-related blog and wanted to share it:

To Everything A Season

The author enrolled in an intensive outpatient program at a hospital. This program used the principles of acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) to help people cope with their anxiety.

To give a basic summary of ACT, it's a type of therapy that emphasizes accepting negative thoughts and emotions instead of fighting them. The idea is that you commit to living out your personal values/goals in spite of your anxiety issues. You recognize that you will never be able to eliminate negative thoughts and emotions entirely (no one can), but those thoughts and emotions don't have to hold you back.

Check out the blog for more info! It's incredibly detailed, informative, and inspiring.

3 comments:

  1. I'm doing act for my emetophobia - it's helping me so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy to hear that! It looks like the owner of this blog took it down, so if you know of any other good ACT blogs or resources or tips, feel free to share.

      Take care!
      lil

      Delete
  2. I'm doing act for my emetophobia - it's helping me so much!

    ReplyDelete