Saturday, April 25, 2015

trip postponed

My work trip got postponed again! I shouldn’t be surprised, because they have been talking about this trip for about a year and keep pushing it back, but I was fairly certain it would actually be happening this time because the flights had already been booked.

At first I was incredibly annoyed, because I had gotten attached to the dates and had been planning non-stop and resigning myself to the fact that I would be doing this soon. I already went shopping and bought new professional clothes. I got my hair cut. I told my family I was coming. And then all of a sudden it was being called off. Now they are saying the trip might be in early June, but those sound like tentative dates, so basically I am back to knowing nothing. Which is frustrating.

At the same time, I’m now feeling so relieved I won’t be getting on a plane in a couple days. I was starting to have moments where I would be lying in bed in the morning, thinking “am I really going to be on my way to the airport one week from now?” and it didn’t feel real at all.

Anyway, it sounds like I have at least another month to prepare. Not that I can have any expectations, because hey, it’s much more fun for them to be unpredictable and wreak havoc with my stress levels. Maybe by Monday morning they’ll have decided it’s going to be next week.

But if nothing else changes, I’m sure I’ll be getting back to the CYEAT book in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment