Saturday, November 12, 2011

emWave2

I have the greatest wife in the world. She bought me an emWave2 for Christmas! She gave it to me this morning. She wanted to give it to me early so that I could practice with it and then use it on our upcoming trip.

I've been thinking about getting one of these for months, but I kept hesitating and putting it off, because it's pretty expensive. I haven't actually charged it or gone through the instruction booklet yet to see everything it can do, but my therapist has one and showed me the basics a few months ago. Basically, it's a biofeedback device that measures your heart rate and breathing rate, allowing you to better see what is going on inside you. Then you can practice achieving relaxation through various methods and see which methods work best for you, work the fastest, etc. You can also download what's on the device to your computer and then look at your information over time, review your progress.

I'm sure I'll write more about it later. I don't think I am going to have much time to play with it today though. Since it's our last weekend before leaving, there are a ton of chores and errands to do. I'm going to be spending the whole day cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great?

    Have you heard of this?

    http://www.nevasic.com/

    I'm always unsure of things like this and am not sure if it's worth forking out for!

    ReplyDelete