Saturday, November 19, 2011

happy thanksgiving!

We're leaving early tomorrow morning on our trip. I'm trying to be excited, but I'm more on the nervous end of the spectrum. I do think we are extremely well prepared. In addition to the regular luggage, we packed two extra bags:

-- an "anti-anxiety" bag. It has my thermometer, anti-nausea medicine, a couple of my anxiety workbooks, word searches / crossword puzzles, and relaxation CDs. I also have 10 affirmations on notecards and my emWave in my purse.

-- a food bag. I didn't want to have to rely on whatever was around, restaurant-wise, both while driving and also when we get to the hotel. So we packed things to eat - some peanut butter sandwiches, chips, pretzels, and Luna bars.

We've got tons of music to listen to in the car. We've spaced out the trip so it's not too busy and overwhelming. I've just been trying to distract myself from my worries about it. If I'm having a hard time doing that, I try to think about it as a series of manageable steps rather than the whole trip at once. The first step is to get through six hours of driving tomorrow. That's it. I can handle that, and once I have, then I can think about the next part.

No comments:

Post a Comment